Welcome to UMD Society for Green Business!
The Society for Green Business is a SUSA-recognized club within the Robert H. Smith School of Business. Our goal is to promote sustainable business values by introducing students to new and innovative ways in which businesses have adopted green practices, encouraging students to value environmental concerns and advocating green measures at the university.
We welcome students enrolled in ALL majors and programs!!!
Some of our previous accomplishments:
- Led an initiative that assisted UMD Dining Services to transition to using compostable food containers
- Implemented ink-cartridge recycling program & the use of energy efficient duplex printers in Business School
- Partnered with NGO, Casey Tree Planting to help plant trees in D.C.
- Consulting project with The Bozutto Group to exercise sustainable management for apartment facilities
Some of our future goals:
- Consulting services to area business using The Bozutto Group project model
- Community Service Initiative with Greek Life
- Casey Tree Planting
- Wine making